Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Eastern Beach



****

Whoosh! One shiny, sparkling, summer, day Panmure Bridge School vanished off for a trip to Eastern Beach. We were all excited especially the  year 7’s and 8’s because we were doing the kayaking sessions.

When we got there the first thing we could see was the beach. It was bright and it looked clean and fresh. We had to get changed into our swimming togs before we could go for a swim or go kayaking. I was already changed into my togs so I just watched the first group do kayaking and they were full of energy, I could see in their eyes that they were too excited for it. I just sat there waiting for them to finish their session. As they were paddling I was thinking I couldn’t do it.
When the first  group finally finished it was the next groups turn which was my group. I was nervous, and my heart was beating quickly, thinking that I couldn't do it. When I hopped on the kayak it felt comfortable but holding the paddle was hard to use. Until then when I was paddling it was easy. Well going backwards was hard and easy. My group had to learn some lessons on kayaking first before we had to do paddling. After all the lessons we had to learn we had a game of tiggee. Phew! I never got tagged because I would paddle so fast to keep the tagger away from me. We were still playing and still no-one got tagged. Then from there the rest of the groups took turns when they had their sessions.

After that we had lunch til the end and had some play time as well. It was fun because I loved kayaking, I will never forget that because it was the first time I ever did kayaking.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Veisinia

    I love your eastern beach recount and the photo's.
    P.S. Keep up the great work.

    From Chantelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi veisinia,

    I think this piece of work is very well detailed the pictures stand out really good with your piece of writing keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.